The Fullerton Hotel was once known as The Fullerton Building, and also as the General Post Office Building. This building was named after after Robert Fullerton, the first Governor of the Straits Settlements (1826–1829). In 1919 as part of the British colony’s centennial celebrations, the building was designed as an office building by Major P.H. Keys of Keys & Dowdeswell, a Shanghai firm of architects, which won the project through an architectural design competition.
The Fullerton Hotel Singapore has won major travel awards such as the Condé Nast Traveler Gold List award. On 18 July 2001, the hotel received an architectural heritage award from the Urban Redevelopment Authority for its successful restoration of the former Fullerton Building.
Always Keep Fighting And Never Lose Hope